Checkers game

Long, long time ago, when I was still a full time student, I once became first in a checkers cup with a program I wrote. Alas, those days of glory are over. Looking back, the program was pretty simple. Choosing an efficient board representation made generating the moves a piece of cake and my program didn’t make use of any opening libraries or endgame strategies. It just implemented minimax search with alpha-beta pruning. Although it wasn’t really sophisticated, I still think the program was pretty sweet and I felt disappointed when I realized I had lost the source code. That’s why I decided to implement this game again only this time in Java (the original was written in C++). I fired up NetBeans and this is the result.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *